Bible Truth: Jesus teaches me to follow Him.
Bible Story: Jesus calls four fishermen to follow Him.
Bible Study: Matthew 4:18; Mark 1:16-20; Luke 5:1-11
- Read the story of Jesus calling His disciples in your child's Bible.
- Watch this animation/narration of the story with your child.
- Act out the story of Jesus calling the four fisherman using props you have around the house. Here are some ideas from a mom who did this with her two young children.
- Watch and sing "Peter James and John in a Sailboat" (Always be careful of inappropriate advertisements for your child that may come up before you watch a video on YouTube.)
- Show your child what it means to be a fisher of men. Pick up flyers for an upcoming service or concert at your church. Along with your child, invite a neighbor, grocery clerk or friend and share the love of Jesus with them.