Week of January 4: Jesus teaches me to love God's Word. Luke 2:41-52
- Read the story of Jesus in the temple as a little boy, from Luke 2:41-52 in your child's Bible. Pray together and thank God for giving us the Bible.
- Cut a piece of card stock or cardboard from a cereal box as a bookmark. Let your child decorate it with stickers and markers. Punch a hole in the top and tie a ribbon. Keep the bookmark in your child's Bible to mark the story you are reading.
- 'B' is for Bible. Write both an upper and lower case letter 'B' in large font. Invite your child to form the letters with play-doh by rolling long pieces and laying them over the written letters. If they enjoy this activity, write the word Bible for them to form.
- Give your child a basket or a box and help them fill it with things around your house that begin with the letter 'B', such as a ball, brush, block, etc., and don't forget their Bible!
- Joseph and Mary were looking for Jesus for three days. Add Lego people and make a Lego maze like this for Mary and Joseph to "find" Jesus.
- Watch the "Go Fish" guys sing 'The B-I-B-L-E'. Sing and dance along!
Comment below to let me know how these activities worked out for you and your family. Have a blessed week!